1. The forming of the screw fasteners, using the screw fasteners formed by the cold heading machine, the angle parts of the head and the tail are all formed in a curved shape, and there is no sharp water angle.
2. The cold heading process saves the raw materials. The cold heading molding uses the plastic deformation of the metal to produce the parts of the required shape, so the cutting process can be greatly reduced, the material utilization rate can be improved, and the material utilization rate of the cold heading forming can generally be achieved. 80%, which is the reason why the cost of cold heading is lower than the cost of turning.
3. The cold heading molding efficiency is high, and the cold heading process can replace the cutting process to manufacture the screw fasteners, which can increase the productivity of the screw fasteners several times, dozens of times, or even hundreds of times.
4. Cold heading can be combined with molds and equipment to machine parts with complex shapes and difficult to machine. Such as profiled sections, complex internal cavities, internal teeth and internal grooves that are invisible on the surface.
5. Large-scale custom production, using the cold heading process can reduce parts costs. Because the cold pier process has the advantages of saving raw materials, improving, productivity, reducing the amount of machining of parts, and using poor materials to substitute high-quality materials, the cost of parts is greatly reduced.
6. Cold heading can improve the mechanical properties of the part. The cold work hardening of the metal after the cold pier and the formation of a reasonable fiber streamline inside the part make the strength of the part much higher than the strength of the raw material. In addition, a reasonable cold pier process can create compressive stress on the surface of the part to improve fatigue strength. Therefore, some of the parts that were originally heat-treated and strengthened can be used for the heat treatment process after the cold pier process. Some parts are originally required to be made of high-strength steel, and after the cold piercing process, the steel with lower strength can be used instead.