Determine category Standard fasteners are divided into […]
Standard fasteners are divided into ten categories, and the selection should be determined according to the use occasion of the standard fastener and its use function.
1. Bolts: Bolts are generally matched with nuts (usually plus a washer or two washers), and are used for connection and tightening purposes.
2. Nut: The nut is matched with the bolt.
3. Screws: Screws are usually used alone (sometimes with washers), and generally play a role of tightening or tightening.
4. Studs: The studs are generally threaded at both ends (single-headed studs are single-ended with threads). Usually, one rib is screwed firmly into the body of the component, and the other end is matched with the nut. It is connected and fastened. Role, but to a large extent also has the role of distance.
5. Washer: The washer is used between the support surface of the bolt, screw and nut and the process support surface to prevent loosening and reduce the stress on the support surface.
6. Self-tapping screws: The screw holes of the workpieces that match the self-tapping screws do not need to be tapped in advance. When the self-tapping screws are screwed in, the internal thread is formed.
7. rivets: one end of the rivet has a head, and the rod is unthreaded. When in use, the rod is inserted into the hole of the connected part, and then the end of the rod is riveted to play a role of connection or fastening.
8. Pin: When in use, the pin is embedded into the workpiece and usually plays a role of connection or positioning.
9. retaining ring: retaining ring is usually on the shaft or in the hole, to play a role in limiting the axial direction of the workpiece.
10. Wood screws: Wood screws are used to screw into wood for connection or fastening.